Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.2
Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.2 Ranking & Summary
Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.2 description
Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.2 provides a simple as well as effective open source (GPL) program which creates offline atlases for GPS handhelds and cell phone applications like TrekBuddy, AndNav and other Android and WindowsCE based applications. For the full list of supported applications please see the features section. Additionally individual maps can be exported as one large PNG image with calibration MAP file for OziExplorer. As source for an offline atlas Mobile Atlas Creator can use a large number of different online maps such as OpenStreetMap and other online map providers.
- Create offline atlases for a large number of different (mobile) applications and GPS handhelds:
- AFTrack (Symbian)
- AlpineQuest (Android)
- AndNav (Android)
- BackCountry Navigator (Android)
- Big Planet Tracks SQLite format (Android)
- CacheBox (Windows Mobile)
- Garmin Custom Map - KMZ (GPS handhelds)
- Glopus (Pocket PC)
- Google Earth
- GPS Sport Tracker
- Magellan RMP (GPS handhelds) & VantagePoint
- Maplorer (Windows CE/Windows Mobile)
- Maverick (Android)
- Mobile Trail Explorer (J2ME) - single tiles and MTECache file
- NaviComputer (Windows Mobile)
- nfComPass (WinCE, WinMobile, WinXP)
- OruxMaps (Android)
- Osmdroid (Android)
- OSMtracker (Windows Mobile/Pocket PC)
- OziExplorer (single 24bit PNG image with calibration (MAP) file
- PathAway (Windows Mobile)
- RMaps SQLite (Android)
- [Nokia] Sports Tracker
- Touratech QV (Windows software, commercial)
- TrekBuddy (J2ME, Android)
- TwoNav / CompeGPS
- and others
- Prepare atlases consisting of multiple layers, different map sources map resolutions (zoom levels)...
- Save and load your favorite atlas compilation as profile to/from file
- Merge different layers using Drag & Drop
- Create map tiles using custom size and image format (PNG/JPG)
- Fast download of map tiles using simultaneous multithreaded download (number of threads configurable)
- Downloaded tiles are cached locally - avoids multiple downloads of same map tiles
- Download only updated tiles - use locally cached tiles otherwise
- Full support for network connections via HTTP proxy
- Custom map source from ZIP/files in file-system: added possibility to invert y coordinate via "invertYCoordinate" like it is used by MapTiler
- New settings.xml option:
(default 1). Allows to reduce or increase the maximum attempts MOBAC tries to download a tile in case of errors occur while download or HTTP response is not as expected.
- Logging verboseness now configurable for the current session via GUI
- PaperAtlas: NullPointerException when WGS Grid=off has been fixed
- CustomSQLite atlas as map source: OSMAND format added
- New atlas output format: OSMAND SQLite
- Mobile Atlas Creator is written in Java and runs therefore on a large number of platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X,... As a Java program Mobile Atlas Creator requires Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 14 (v1.6.0_14) or higher installed on your computer. Additionally a high-speed internet connection is required as long as Mobile Atlas Creator is running.
- By default Mobile Atlas Creator uses up to 512 of RAM. Additionally free disk space is required: Downloaded tiles are cached in the system temp directory and addionally tiles are cached in the tile store (local database).
- For reducing the color depth of downloaded tiles the library files of the "Java Advanced Imaging" (JAI) have to be present on the system respectively in the same directory as Mobile_Atlas_Creator.jar. The easiest way is to download the latest ready to use binary build of Java Advanced Imaging version 1.1.3.
Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.2 Screenshot
Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.2 Keywords
Bookmark Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.2
Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.