Buzzbird 0.7 Ranking & Summary
Buzzbird 0.7 description
Buzzbird 0.7 is considered as a convenient and useful source, easy to use Twitter client. Buzzbird is built on Mozilla’s XUL platform, the same technology that is used in the Firefox Web Browser, Thunderbird E-mail client, and Songbird Media Player, which means Buzzbird can be multi-platform and still run natively.
- Multiple Account Support
- Desktop notifications
- Service filtering
- Conversation views
- Selective filter views (can choose Timeline, @mentions, direct mentions)
- Retweet, Reply, Unfollow, and Favorite button on each Tweet
- Built-in URL Shortening (currently via is.gd)
- Menu to insert emoji in tweets
- Read/Unread count in status bar
- Click on a users avatar to see more information about them, or to follow/unfollow them.
- No more 401 errors.
- Notifications! You can now configure Buzzbird to notify you when mentions, DMs, or plain old tweets come in. On Mac, the Growl framework is used. On Linux, I’m using the notify-send utility that comes with libnotify. Windows doesn’t really have a de-facto notification system, so I’m using the Mozilla notification system that comes with XULrunner on that platform.
- Issue 41: The Post button is now disabled when it should be.
- Issue 40: Implemented a pooling mechanism for XMLHttpRequests so the app won’t get constipated when network timeouts happen.
- Issue 32: Don’t truncate retweets at 140 characters in the post window – let the user decide how to truncate.
- Issue 31: Auto-close the post area after posting (this behavior is configurable)
- Issue 30: Added keyboard shortcut for “Post” action (accel + return)
- Issue 29: Focus should be on post area when user clicks Post button.
- Issue 7: Press Return to Post is now configurable.
Buzzbird 0.7 Screenshot
Buzzbird 0.7 Keywords
Bookmark Buzzbird 0.7
Buzzbird 0.7 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.