Tcl Dev Kit 5.3.0
Tcl Dev Kit 5.3.0 Ranking & Summary
Tcl Dev Kit 5.3.0 description
Tcl Dev Kit 5.3.0 is regarded as a flexible and handy program which provides essential tools for Tcl programmers, making it easy to create, build and deploy applications. Rapidly deploy Tcl applications to a broad range of platforms*, as ready-to-run executables, starkits or starpacks.
Simplify development with tools for finding and fixing bugs, managing complex code bases, and optimizing your programs. Take control and work the way you want with a choice of GUIs or command line interfaces for most tools.
- Easily create and deploy self-contained Tcl executables to all major platforms*.
- Deliver small, seamless executables with sophisticated extension wrapping and dynamically linked Tcl and Tk libraries.
- Run from the command line, or choose intuitive GUIs for visual guides to build options.
- Ensure that code is always executed by a specific version of Tcl.
- Deploy to systems with or without Tcl and extensions installed.
- TclApp cross-platform wrapping targeting HP-UX, Solaris and AIX may require an ActiveState Business Edition license.
- Graphical Debugger
- Quickly find and fix bugs in Tcl scripts
- Evaluate single Tcl commands, or run to the current cursor position in the code.
- Display variable values for all accessible stack frames.
- Display full stack information and navigation around the stack and source code when the application is stopped.
- Set line- and variable-based breakpoints.
- Enter code to be evaluated dynamically when the application is stopped.
- Interrupt code to determine execution status.
- Communicate with remote and embedded applications.
- Debug multiple processes simultaneously.
- Coverage and Hotspot Analyzer
- Improve code performance and reliability through coverage and hotspot analysis.
- Determine which code has not been run and which files lack coverage.
- Identify bottleneck code to address performance issues.
- Analyze file by file and function by function.
- Protect your source code and reduce application support.
- Compile scripts independently of execution, then store for loading and executing when you need them.
- Distribute bytecode files instead of source code to protect your intellectual property.
- Simplify support by distributing code that cannot be modified by users.
- Use with TclApp to create bundled applications that don't require special installation.
- Cross Reference Tool (XRef)
- Simplify building, debugging and maintaining Tcl code.
- Understand complex code at a glance with a visual guide to where code is defined, declared, used and located.
- Easily view relationships among Tcl code components, including packages, files, namespaces, commands and variables.
- Extract Tcl component information from programs and packages contained in TclApp (or Prowrap) projects, Tcl Dev Kit Package definitions (".tap" files) and Komodo IDE project files.
- Find errors in Tcl scripts before they are run.
- Uncover problems in new scripts, scripts from older versions of Tcl/Tk, or scripts ported from another operating system.
- Assess the quality of a body of Tcl code.
- Quickly examine large Tcl files.
- Find potential incompatibilities to guide upgrades to current Tcl, Tk and [incr Tcl] releases.
- Analyze Tcl and Tk applications as they run.
- Organize and display application components by component type.
- Display and modify component configuration on-the-fly.
- Package Editor
- Define Tcl packages in TEApot or TclApp Package formats.
- Simplify TclApp application creation.
- Modify packages for re-use by multiple TclApp applications.
- TEA Package Management
- Create, manage, export and use TEApot package repositories.
- TEAcup: Package management client for fetching, installing, updating and removing Tcl packages (part of ActiveTcl). TEAcup can also provide meta data on installed and available packages and can be used to search multiple repositories using complex queries.
- TEApot: Expose TEA repositories on a network via TCP/IP.
- TEApot-Admin: Manage "opaque" repositories on the local file system. Create new repositories, add and remove packages, list the repository contents and retrieve packages.
- TEApot-Pkg: Create TEA package archives from package sources and binaries.
- Convert Tcl programs to native Windows services.
- 80MB hard disk space during installation
- 40MB hard disk space for final install
- ActiveTcl version 184.108.40.206 through 8.6.
- PowerPC or Intel architectures
- Minimum OS X 10.4 (PowerPC/Intel)
- Minimum Solaris 2.8 (SPARC)
- Minimum Solaris 10 (x86)
- PowerPC architecture only
- Minimum AIX 5.1
- PA-RISC architecture only
- Minimum HP-UX 11.11
Tcl Dev Kit 5.3.0 Screenshot
Tcl Dev Kit 5.3.0 Keywords
Bookmark Tcl Dev Kit 5.3.0
Tcl Dev Kit 5.3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.