LyX 2.0.0 Dev
LyX 2.0.0 Dev Ranking & Summary
LyX 2.0.0 Dev description
This results in world-class support for creation of mathematical content (via a fully integrated equation editor) and structured documents like academic articles, theses, and books. In addition, staples of scientific authoring such as reference list and index creation come standard. But you can also use LyX to create a letter or a novel or a theatre play or film script. A broad array of ready, well-designed document layouts are built in.
- Math/science features
- Mathematical formula editor which is easily best of breed. Fully harnesses the power of LaTeX.
- Equations can be entered via point-and-click interface or via keyboard with LaTeX commands (optionally via auto-completion). Formulas are immediately visually rendered on screen.
- Copy/paste to and from LaTeX source code.
- Equation arrays, equation numbering, theorems, customizable math macros, matrices, algorithms, and much more.
- Support of math macros
- Basic support for various Computer Algebra Systems (CAS) - Maple, Maxima, Octave, Mathematica
- Structured document creation
- Advanced features for labels, references, index and bibliography (including advanced BibTeX support)
- Standard word processor operations, like cut/paste, multiple open documents, undo/redo, spellchecking (uses aspell in the background), thesaurus and revision tracking
- Different textclasses allow you to type letters, articles, books, movie scripts, LinuxDoc, slides, presentations. Also included are some textclasses for scientific societies, such as AMS, APS, IEEE, or specific journals like Astronomy and Astrophysics.
- Dedicated modules let you dynamically enhance the functionality of the textclass by adding features that are needed for specific tasks (such as endnotes, linguistic glosses)
- Numbered section headings, table of contents (with hypertext functionality), lists of figures/tables
- The outliner mode allows for easy navigating in your document as well as for moving or nesting complete chapters and sections
- Character styles provide access to fully semantic markup
- Support for many graphic formats (including XFig, Dia and others)
- WYSIWYG for cropping, rotation, scaling of images
- Enhanced support for intelligently floating figures and tables
- Support for subfigures, subtables and captions
- Support for wrapped figures and tables
- Interactive WYSIWYG tables
- Shared (geometry) settings for multiple figures
- Support for writing documents in many languages of the world
- Bidi support for Right-to-Left languages such as Hebrew and Arabic
- Support for many writing systems (including CJK)
- Write multilingual documents consisting of diverse languages and scripts thanks to unicode compliance.
- Menus, error messages, manuals and key bindings are available in many languages
- Document formats
- Access to all LaTeX functionality with capability to insert plain LaTeX code anywhere in a document.
- Import and export to many formats (LaTeX, PDF, Postscript, DVI, ASCII, HTML, OpenDocument, RTF, MS Word, and others) thanks to configurable converters
- Send a fax from within LyX
- Source code viewer for instant LaTeX and DocBook view.
- SGML-tools support (DocBook DTDs)
- Literate programming support (noweb, Sweave)
- Support for export of PDF bookmarks and header information
- Usability/user interface
- Graphical user interface that gives access to all functions via menus and mouse, as well as configurable key bindings
- Extensive documentation, including a beginner's tutorial, available in many languages
- Text completion support
- Document management
- Change tracking
- Support for external version control systems
- Branches for having different versions of the same document
- Yellow sticky notes
- Available for Linux, Windows, and Mac
- Quite fast and no memory hog at all.
- Universal Binary
LyX 2.0.0 Dev Screenshot
LyX 2.0.0 Dev Keywords
Bookmark LyX 2.0.0 Dev
LyX 2.0.0 Dev Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.