FasterCSV 1.4.0 Ranking & Summary
RankingClick at the star to rank
User Review: 0 (0 times)
File size: 121 KB
Platform: Mac OS X
Date added: 2008-09-14
Publisher: James Gray
FasterCSV 1.4.0 description
FasterCSV 1.4.0 is regarded as a convenient as well as a replacement to Ruby's standard CSV library, which is significantly smaller and faster while still being pure Ruby code, and also strives for a better interface.
- CSV Parsing
- FasterCSV has a stricter parser and will throw MalformedCSVErrors on problematic data.
- FasterCSV has a less liberal idea of a line ending than CSV. What you set as the :row_sep is law.
- CSV returns empty lines as [nil]. FasterCSV calls them .
- FasterCSV has a much faster parser.
- FasterCSV uses Hash-style parameters to set options.
- FasterCSV does not have generate_row() or parse_row() from CSV.
- FasterCSV does not have CSV‘s Reader and Writer classes.
- FasterCSV:open() is more like Ruby‘s open() than CSV:open().
- FasterCSV objects support most standard IO methods.
- FasterCSV has a new() method used to wrap objects like String and IO for reading and writing.
- FasterCSV:generate() is different from CSV:generate().
- FasterCSV does not support partial reads. It works line-by-line.
- FasterCSV does not allow the instance methods to override the separators for performance reasons. They must be set in the constructor.
- Added encoding support patch from Michael Reinsch.
- Improved inspect() messages for better IRb support.
- Fixed header writing bug reported by Dov Murik.
- Use custom separators in parsing header Strings as suggested by Shmulik Regev.
- Added a :write_headers option for outputting headers.
- Handle open() calls in binary mode whenever we can to workaround a Windows issue where line-ending translation can cause an off-by-one error in seeking back to a non-zero starting position after auto-discovery for :row_sep as suggested by Robert Battle.
- Improved the parser to fail faster when fed some forms of invalid CSV that can be detected without reading ahead.
- Added a :field_size_limit option to control FasterCSV‘s lookahead and prevent the parser from biting off more data than it can chew.
- Universal Binary
FasterCSV 1.4.0 Screenshot
FasterCSV 1.4.0 Keywords
Bookmark FasterCSV 1.4.0
FasterCSV 1.4.0 Copyright
WareSeeker.com do not provide cracks, serial numbers etc for FasterCSV 1.4.0. Any sharing links from rapidshare.com, yousendit.com or megaupload.com are also prohibited.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
iDrum runs as both a standalone native OS X application and as a plug-in for Pro Tools, GarageBand, Logic, and Ableton Live. This means you can use iDrum to create beats from right within your favorite music software environment, perfectly synced with your arrangement and always right where you left it when you return to your project after your next world tour. Free Download