Google Desktop 22.214.171.1242
Google Desktop 126.96.36.1992 Ranking & Summary
Google Desktop 188.8.131.522 description
Google Desktop 184.108.40.2062 is a reliable and convenient tool that makes searching your computer as easy as searching the web with Google. Its a desktop search application that provides full text search over your email, files, music, photos, chats, Gmail, web pages that youve viewed, and more.
By making your computer searchable, Desktop puts your information easily within your reach and frees you from having to manually organize your files, emails and bookmarks. Google Desktop doesnt just help you search your computer; it also helps you gather new information from the web and stay organized with gadgets and sidebar. Google Gadgets can be placed anywhere on your desktop to show you new email, weather, photos, personalized news, and more.
- Quick Search Box
- The Quick Search Box is your fastest way to do web and desktop searches and launch applications. You can call it up by pressing the ? key twice, and hide it by pressing ? twice again. Type a few letters or words into the search box and your top results pop up instantly, including applications. For example, you can launch iTunes simply by typing "itu" into the Quick Search Box and pressing Return when iTunes appears as the first result.
- Search Your Gmail and Web History
- Not everything youre looking for lives on your Mac. Whether youre searching your computer or the web, Desktop helps you find it by searching your Gmail and web history along with your hard drive. Also because your index is stored locally on your own computer, you can even access your Gmail and web history while youre offline.
- New! Google Gadgets
- Google Gadgets are interactive mini-applications you can add to your Dashboard to show you new email, weather, photos, and personalized news. Other gadgets include the clock, calendar, scratch pad, to do list and many more.
- Use the Google Gadgets application to choose from the enormous collection of gadgets created by Google and users all over the world.
- Many File Types
- Google Desktop automatically indexes and allows you to search the full text of virtually all your files, including the following types:
- text files (.txt)
- email from Apple Mail and Microsoft Entourage
- iChat transcripts
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- music and video files, including artist and song names
- Address Book contacts
- system preference panes
- file and folder names
- Google Desktop also searches file types that have a Spotlight importer.
- Familiar Results
- When you do a Desktop search, youll see a list of search results. Each result, just like Google web search results, includes the file name and a brief snippet with your search terms highlighted. You can also filter for a particular type of item -only emails, for instance -by using the links at the top of your Desktop search results page.
- Smart Indexing
- After you install Google Desktop, it starts indexing the files that are already on your Mac. This one-time indexing is designed to peacefully coexist with your normal work, so you can continue working while indexing takes place. Depending on how many files and other items you have on your computer, this process can take up to several hours. Once its done, Desktop makes sure your index stays up to date by adding new email as you receive it, files as you update them, and web pages as you view them.
- Google Integration
- What if you already have the information youre looking for but dont realize it? When there are useful results on your Mac related to your Google web search, Google Desktop will include these files with your search results. Theres also a simple command center for searching your computer, which you can access by clicking "Desktop" above the search box on Google.com.
- File Versioning
- Google Desktop creates cached copies (snapshots) of your files and other items each time you view them, and stores these copies on your Macs hard drive. As a result, you can often use Desktop to find previous versions of your files or ones youve accidentally deleted.
- Google Updater is no longer required to install or uninstall Google Desktop.
- 1 gigabyte (GB) of available space on your hard drive for the application and for your index
- An admin username and password; Desktop asks for these when you install.
- Safari, Firefox, or Camino as your default web browser. After you install Google Desktop, youll need to quit any open browsers and then restart them.
Google Desktop 220.127.116.112 Screenshot
Google Desktop 18.104.22.1682 Keywords
Bookmark Google Desktop 22.214.171.1242
Google Desktop 126.96.36.1992 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Google Desktop 5.9.906.4286
- Google Desktop 5.8.811.4345
- Google Desktop 5.8.806.18441
- Google Desktop 5.7.801.1629
- Google Desktop 5.5.709.30344
- Google Desktop 5.1.0705.14375
- Google Desktop 4
- Google Desktop 3
- Google Desktop Enterprise Edition 2.0
- Google Desktop 2
- Google Desktop 1.4.1
- Google Desktop 188.8.131.521
- Google Desktop 1.0.1