EarthDesk 5.7.1 Ranking & Summary
EarthDesk 5.7.1 description
EarthDesk 5.7.1 is considered as a flexible and helpful tool, which replaces your Macintosh desktop or Windows wallpaper with a stunning, real-time dynamic image of planet continuously updating in the background while you work. With up to 4 maps, 11 projections and 10,000 cities, EarthDesk is truly a map-lover's dream. Put it on your desktop today.
- Put the world on your desktop:
- Imagine gazing through the window of an orbiting spaceship. Now imagine having that view on your desktop. Welcome to EarthDesk.
- EarthDesk features real-time clouds (updated at 3-hour intervals) with transparency and moonlight reflection, accurate sun, moon and city lighting, and high quality twilight shading.
- Among EarthDesk's highlights are eleven map projections, a database of 10,000 cities for centering the map, as well as enhanced satellite, natural satellite and political maps. EarthDesk automatically updates when waking from sleep and supports multiple displays.
- Multiple monitors and projections:
- EarthDesk's wide variety of map projections gives you complete control over the maps on your desktop.
- EarthDesk can be installed on systems with multiple monitors. Each Macintosh desktop is independently configurable so that different maps can be shown on different screens... or you may choose to only display map images on certain monitors. For Windows, the image can span across multiple screens.
- Real-time global cloud cover:
- With an internet connection, EarthDesk displays real-time global cloud cover, allowing users to track hurricanes and typhoons, or simply admire beautiful planet. User options allow you to adjust the overall transparency of the cloud layer.
- Unique to EarthDesk is accurate rendering of moonlight on the Living Earth satellite map. To create this stunning effect, the phase of the moon and reflectiveness of the Earth's surface are used to determine correct coloring of the image, ensuring a realistic view of the Earth from space.
- Like a Swiss watch:
- EarthDesk uses the same database technology as Time Palette, providing the application with detailed geographical and time zone information for 10,000 cities throughout the world.
- The Atlas maintains comprehensive rules for Daylight Saving Time (Summer Time), giving EarthDesk a level of accuracy unmatched by other applications.
- EarthDesk gives you numerous options for configuring map images on your desktop.
- Maps can be centered on a city so that the map remains stationary while the sun and moon move. Alternatively, the map center may be locked to the position of the sun (subsolar point) or moon (sublunar point) so that the shadow remains fixed, while the map moves. You can also center the map on the subsolar and sublunar antipodes.
- With so many options at your fingertips, gazing at the Earth from space has never been easier!
- Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6
EarthDesk 5.7.1 Screenshot
EarthDesk 5.7.1 Keywords
Bookmark EarthDesk 5.7.1
EarthDesk 5.7.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.