Rumpus 6.1 Ranking & Summary
Rumpus 6.1 description
Rumpus 6.1 is the right choice if you want to you allow people from within your office or across the Internet to send, receive, and manage files on a central Mac
Whether you need to accept graphics files from remote locations, manage content on a Web server, or coordinate a work group with a single file server that everyone can access, Rumpus is the answer. Rumpus FTP can handle virtually any Internet file transfer task by working with standard FTP and Web clients on any platform, and do it with remarkable ease.
- Improve Your Customer Service
- When people need to send you a big file, or you need to share one with a client, it should be fast, professional and easy. Rumpus does away with the hassles of e-mail attachments and snail-mailing CDs, making it easier for your customers to do business with you.
- Streamline Your Workflow
- When a file comes in, Rumpus can notify the right people in your company, depending on who sent it. Notification is instantaneous, and since the file is sent directly to your network, it's right there, ready for you to work with.
- Save Your Money
- With Rumpus, there are no recurring ISP fees outside of your standard Internet connection cost. And since files are transferred directly between your customers and you, even your Internet bandwidth is used as efficiently as possible.
- Brand Your Business
- Because the Rumpus interface is fully customizable, it can easily be integrated into your existing Web site. And your clients can bookmark your file transfer service, putting you just a click away.
- Look Like A Pro
- People that deal with large file transfers on a regular basis are used to dealing with FTP. Rumpus is a standards-compliant, full-featured FTP server, so when someone asks if they can "FTP you a file", just give them the address of your server.
- Rumpus is not only lightning quick, but it's efficient, too. This means that FTP and Web users will be able to transfer and manage files as fast as the network allows, while leaving plenty of CPU time for other applications running on your server or desktop Mac.
- Ease Of Use And Maintenance
- Rumpus is, quite simply, the easiest FTP server on the planet to set up and administer. From the setup assistant that fully prepares the server to accept users to the logically designed server management windows, Rumpus makes running an FTP server easy.
- Web File Manager
- In addition to offering an incredibly high-performance FTP server with unmatched ease of use, Rumpus also includes the Web File Manager. The Web File Manager makes it easy to provide FTP-like capabilities to anyone with a Web browser.
- Simple User Management
- FTP users are managed directly in Rumpus, not in the system, keeping your FTP users distinct from other server resources. Not only does Rumpus make managing users easy, but it gives you advanced controls like individual drop folders, access restrictions, usage limits, account history, and more.
- The single-window user management interface in Rumpus is also supplemented by Web-based administration, allowing you to define and manage user accounts from anywhere on the Internet.
- A Real Mac Application
- Rumpus runs natively on any Mac OS or Mac OS X computer. There's no Java required and the memory footprint and CPU usage is tiny. You will also appreciate the comprehensive help pages and articles, that cover not only how to use Rumpus, but networking issues and the general FTP information you need when you have questions.
- Professional Technical Support
- Maxum has been selling Internet server software for Macs longer than anybody (including Apple!).
- Thumbnail View Directory Listings
- Improved International Language Support
- Updated Launch Function
- New WFM Features
- Rename files
- Select multiple files for download or deletion
- Administrator defined file actions
- Updated "boxes" alternate WFM appearance
- Customizable options for different virtual servers or individual users
- Context-sensitive file actions menu
- New appearance customization options
Rumpus 6.1 Screenshot
Rumpus 6.1 Keywords
Bookmark Rumpus 6.1
Rumpus 6.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.