white_dune 0.29 Beta 1294
white_dune 0.29 Beta 1294 Ranking & Summary
white_dune 0.29 Beta 1294 description
White_dune is a low level VRML97 tool for Unix/Linux/MacOSX and MsWindows. White_dune can read VRML97 files, display and let the user change the scenegraph/fields.
Unlike most highlevel tools, White_dune uses a light model based on the VRML97 standard.
White_dune is not finished yet, especially in the 3D preview window but even if you do not see the node/field in 3D, you can graphically change the values
- IndexedFaceSet nodes can be created via conversion from NurbsSurface nodes oder SuperFormula PROTOs or by "pure VRML97" export, but for some tasks you may prefer to work with a polygon mesh 3D modeller with VRML97 export and rework the results (e.g. color, texture, lightning, animation, interaction....) in White_dune.
- VRML97 (Virtual Reality Modeling Language) is the ISO standard for displaying 3D data over the Web via browser plugins ("HTML for realtime 3D").
- It has support for animation, real-time interaction, and multimedia (images, movies, and sounds).
- White_dune can read, create and display VRML97 files and let the user change the scenegraph/fields.
- It also has support for stereoscopic view via "quadbuffer"-capable stereo visuals, and support for 3D input devices like a joystick, spaceball, or magnetic tracker.
- Beside zillions of closed source 3D modellers with VRML97 export, there are free software/opensource 3D modellers with VRML97 (mesh) export:
- wings 3d (BSD style licence)
- Art of Illusion (mainly GPL license)
- Blender (GPL license)
- SharpConstruct(GPL license)
- gSculpt(GPL license)
- A crash in PROTO initialization was fixed.
- Importing of illegal X3DV files without the required PROFILE statement was enabled.
- Some Italian translations were added to the Italian... dune4kids menu.
- A better workaround for SuperEllipsoid to NurbsSurface conversion was added
- The usage of a 3D hardware accelated graphicscard with OpenGL driver support will speedup things
- Most OpenGL implementations require at least a color depth of 15 Bit (with exceptions e.g. a SGI Indy workstation with IRIX works good with a 8 Bit only graphicscard).
white_dune 0.29 Beta 1294 Screenshot
white_dune 0.29 Beta 1294 Keywords
Bookmark white_dune 0.29 Beta 1294
white_dune 0.29 Beta 1294 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.