RAW Developer 1.8.4
RAW Developer 1.8.4 Ranking & Summary
RAW Developer 1.8.4 description
RAW Developer 1.8.4 is a very tractable and powerful RAW image conversion application designed and optimized specifically for Mac OS X.
RAW Developer gives advanced photographers total control over every aspect of their digital camera's output, yet still provides easy drag and drop batch conversion and access to basic adjustments for the casual user. Thanks in large part to Dave Coffin's work on the open source RAW decoding program dcraw, RAW developer is able to support files from over 150 digital camera models.
Note that in spite of using portions of dcraw for decoding RAW image files, essentially the entire image processing pipeline is completely unique to RAW Developer this includes the demosaicing algorithms used for all cameras based on RGB color filters (which is nearly all of them), all color management operations, all other processing adjustments, sharpening, noise reduction and final file format conversion.
- Completely non-destructive image processing.
- Fast, High Quality Image Previews
- High Quality Image Processing, 16 bits/channel (48bit RGB) or for some operations 32 bits per/channel high dynamic range floating point
- Easy, flexible batch conversion: High quality image interpolation alogorithms give excellent image detail with minimal demosaicing artifacts. All image processing operations are performed at 16 bits per channel or greater. RAW Developer 1.5 features improved demosaic processing with further refinements to already exceptional image detail and reduced color noise along high contrast edges.
- Advanced Sharpening and Noise Reduction Algorithms: RAW Developer offers four advanced sharpening methods, including unsharp mask, difference of gaussian, "hybrid" sharpen and Richardson-Lucy Deconvolution (Mac OS X 10.4 or later only). All are processed in 32 bits/channel floating point CIELab color space to avoid color artifacts. Powerful hot/dead pixel filters and noise reduction algorithms help eliminate noise, especially from images taken with long exposures or high ISO settings.
- Image File and EXIF Information Window: RAW Developer offers a meta data information window which displays detailed image file and EXIF information.
- Flexible Monochrome (Black And White) Conversion Options: Flexible black and white conversion options including RGB channel mixer, Lab lightness, luma, desaturate, intensity and custom duotones.
- Extensive Image Adjustment Options: You're in total control of every step of the conversion process, multiple fully user editable tone curves, customizable color correction matrix, flexible ICC color matching options, exposure compensation, white balance, contrast, saturation and more.
- ICC Color Management Support through ColorSync: Ability to specify camera or image specific input profiles, working space profiles for image adjustments and final image output profiles. At this time only RGB color spaces are supported.
- Unlimited batch processing: You can continue making image adjustments while other images are converted in the background. Supports, easy drag and drop image conversion with flexible file naming options and support for multiple file formats including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, JPEG2000 and more.
- What You See Is What You Get: RAW developer allows you to view and make all image adjustments while viewing a full resolution, fully color managed, 16 bit per channel preview.
- Support for EXIF Meta Data: EXIF meta data is supported when exporting to JPEG or TIFF image formats. Supported fields depend on camera model, but generally include shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, focal length, exposure mode, metering mode, flash information, camera make/model and date digitized.
- Flexible Histogram View: Supports 256, 512 or an extra wide 1024 levels of detail. Viewing modes include RGB, individual R, G, B channels, all three colors at once, CIE Lightness, CIE Luminance, CIE Chroma (ab), luminosity, hue and saturation.
- Multithreaded and Velocity Engine (AltiVec) (or SSE) optimized: Takes full advantage of multi-core and multi processor systems and the advanced capibilities of the PowerPC G4 and G5 and Intel processors. All image processing is handled by secondary threads so your work is never blocked waiting for processing to complete.
- "Processing Disabled" Output Mode: Ability to bypass all image adjustments and all color matching operations for fast, high quality export of linear files intended for further processing with other image processing programs or RAW workflows. Also useful for creating non-color matched output for use in generating custom camera or scene profiles with ICC camera profiling software.
- New Features:
- Support added for Canon Rebel T1i/500D/Kiss X3.
- Support added for Nikon D5000.
- Support added for Pentax K-7.
- Support added for Olympus E-P1 and E-450.
- Support added for Sony DSLR-A230, DSLR-A330 and DSLR-A380.
- Support added for Panasonic DMC-GH1.
- Support added for Phase One P40+ and new EIP format from Capture One.
- Support added for Kodak Z980.
- Support added for DNG format files from non camera or non RAW source images such as scanners and DNG conversions of TIFF, JPEG or PSD images.
- Greatly improved quality of preview image rendering, especially at small scale sizes.
- Improved handling and default settings for various Sinar IA/STI/DNG format files.
- Much improved interpolation for the Fuji SR type sensor as used in the S5 Pro and S3 Pro models.
- Improved default camera tone curves for the Olympus E-30 and E-620.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed issues with loading some Hasselblad FFF format files.
- FIxed issue where some Leaf images would be skewed when upscaled on export at 16 bits/channel.
RAW Developer 1.8.4 Screenshot
RAW Developer 1.8.4 Keywords
Bookmark RAW Developer 1.8.4
RAW Developer 1.8.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.