Hammer of Thyrion 1.4.4 Pre6 / 1.4.3
Hammer of Thyrion 1.4.4 Pre6 / 1.4.3 Ranking & Summary
Hammer of Thyrion 1.4.4 Pre6 / 1.4.3 description
Hammer of Thyrion is a cross-platform port of Ravens Hexen II source. It is based on an older linux port, Anvil of Thyrion.
HoT includes many bug fixes, opengl improvements, improved sound and video modes, and documentation among many others.
NOTE: Hexen II source, and the Hammer of Thyrion source port, are free
but the game itself is not: you must have an original copy of the
game released by Raven Software and Activision.
- Support for Hexen II, Hexen II demo, Portal of Praevus mission pack and HexenWorld.
- Cross-platform code: Tested on Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and Windows. The software renderer version is tested on QNX. Other unices should also work. There are seperate ports to MorphOS and PalmOS.
- Tested on 32 bit and 64 bit platforms.
- In-game resolution changing for both opengl and software renderers. Instant fullscreen/windowed toggling on X11 (unix).
- OpenGL enhancements including multitexturing, glow effects, working brightness control, text and hud size changing on the fly, translucent console background, console background stretching, colored lights and support for external lit files, fixes for texture cache and model mesh cache mismatches.
- Fully network-compatible with Ravens 1.11 windows version as well as with other Hexen II ports. Can load and play games saved with Ravens 1.11 windows version.
- The same binary handles both original hexen2 and the mission pack.
- The same hexen2 binary transparently handles both v1.11 (hexen2) and v1.12 (mission pack) style progs.dat files.
- Fullscreen intermissions and help dialogs.
- MouseWheel support.
- Improvements and fixes to the HexenC game code.
- Improved sound support: A selection of three different sound drivers (ALSA, OSS and SDL) for Linux. FreeBSD is supported with OSS and SDL, OpenBSD and NetBSD are experimentally supported with sunaudio and SDL.
- Working music volume controls and on the fly selection of CD or MIDI music.
- Full user directories support under unix: all users have their own configuration files and game saves.
- Improved console functionality (inline editing and tab completion), and a maplist command.
- Ability to delete saved games from within the game.
- Several hexen2 utilities (hcc: the hexenc compiler, and other mapping tools) are maintained and are being kept up to date.
- Several hexenworld utilities (hwmaster: hexenworld master server, hwmquery: tool for querying hw master servers, hwrcon and hwterm: rcon tools) are maintained and are being kept up to date.
- bumped the hexen2 engine version to 1.22, and hexenworld engine version to 0.22.
- fixed the broken software renderer binaries from C++ compilers with x86 assembly enabled (do not use the bool keyword of C++).
- compilations using the gcc-4.4 development versions were tested.
- added support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
- added support for 64 bit windows versions (x64) using mingw-w64.
- opengl: fixed an issue that changing resolution from within the game might crash on Windows Vista.
- stricter checking on the values pulled out of .wav file chunk headers.
- renamed model_t to qmodel_t in order to avoid conflicts on solaris.
- fixed the "mirrored prints" problem of hexen2 console at high resolutions.
- fixed the colored prints of hexenworld console.
- fixed array going out-of-bounds (utils/map.c) and bogus maybe used uninitialized warnings (sbar.c) from gcc-4.3.
- fixes to the SVGALib driver. it is functional now.
- fixed bug #2176384: in windowed mode, when you save using the menus, the game used to quit the menu without grabbing the mouse properly.
- increased the buffersize for sdl audio. made it to print a little more detailed info at startup.
- launcher, patching: rewritten the inter-threads log printing and fixed the erratic crashes on smp systems. launcher version is 1.0.4 now.
- hexenworld master server: unknown packets are properly output as hexdump. hwmaster version is 1.2.6 now.
- other minor fixes.
- 3dfx gamma hacks are disabled by default at compile time (see the Makefile).
- killed compatibility with user directories from HoT-1.4.0 and earlier which didnt operate with a data1 subdirectory. they are ancient history now.
- added initial support for standalone free contents (mods) as an extra patch.
- added extra testing code to support midi when using sdl audio (extra patch).
- utils, qbsp: accept more than one wad file specified in the value of the "wad" key. the wad file names must be separated by a semicolon. spaces are allowed in the file names. quoted paths arent allowed.
- utils, qbsp: the absolute paths in wad values are not touched, ie. the paths beginning with a / on unix or with a drive specifying string like "C:foo ar.wad" on windows. all other values with no path information or relative path information are prefixed with the project path. this fixes the issues reported for qbsp usage from within worldcraft.
- added back some unused code for future reference. removed some truly dead code.
- minor documentation tidy-ups.
Hammer of Thyrion 1.4.4 Pre6 / 1.4.3 Screenshot
Hammer of Thyrion 1.4.4 Pre6 / 1.4.3 Keywords
Bookmark Hammer of Thyrion 1.4.4 Pre6 / 1.4.3
Hammer of Thyrion 1.4.4 Pre6 / 1.4.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.