ERDDAP 1.18 Ranking & Summary
ERDDAP 1.18 description
ERDDAP (the Environmental Research Divisions Data Access Program) aggregates scientific data from diverse local and remote sources and offers a simple, consistent way to download subsets of the data in common file formats and make graphs and maps.
This particular ERDDAP installation has oceanographic data (for example, data from satellites and buoys).
Without ERDDAP, when a person (or a computer program) looks on the Internet for a specific type of scientific data (for example, oceanographic data like satellite sea surface temperature data), there are many problems.
- Aggregates data from diverse local and remote sources.
- Offers several ways to search for datasets of interest (see options at right).
- Lets you make requests in a standardized way, regardless of the data sources request protocol.
- Gridded data is available via the DAP hyperslab protocol and WMS.
- Tabular data is available via the DAP constraint protocol.
- ERDDAP also provides Data Access Forms (web pages) which help humans create the DAP requests. OPeNDAPs DAP is the recommended IOOS DMAC data transport mechanism and a NASA EOSDIS standard. (DAP is great!)
- lets you choose the file format for the results (for example, .html table, ESRI .asc, Google Earth .kml, .mat, .nc, .csv, .tsv, .json, .xhtml, .png).
standardizes the dates+times in the results, either as:
- To avoid time zone and daylight savings confusion, time values are always converted to the UTC time zone.
lets you request .png and .pdf image files with graphs and maps of the data, in addition to the raw data. Three special uses of these images are:
- Web page authors can embed a graph with the latest data in a web page using an HTML tag.
- Anyone can use ERDDAPs Slide Sorter to build a personal web page that displays graphs with the latest data (or other images or HTML content), each in its own, draggable slide.
- Anyone can use or make Google Gadgets to display images with the latest data on their iGoogle home page.
- Offers email/URL and RSS subscriptions, so you can be notified whenever a dataset changes.
- Is a web application (for humans with browsers) and a web service (for computer programs). ERDDAP has REST- and ROA-style links to make ERDDAPs services available to computer programs, so that other web applications and web services can be built on top of ERDDAP.
ERDDAP 1.18 Screenshot
ERDDAP 1.18 Keywords
Bookmark ERDDAP 1.18
ERDDAP 1.18 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.