Cayenne 3.0.1 Ranking & Summary
Cayenne 3.0.1 description
Cayenne 3.0.1 is released as a free yet effective Java object relational mapping (ORM) framework. In other words, it is a tool for Java developers who need to talk to a database (or many databases). Rather than hardcoding SQL statements through Java code, Cayenne allows a programmer to work only with Java objects abstracted from the database
- Portability between almost any database that has a JDBC driver without changing a single line of code in your application.
- No knowledge of SQL is required (while it still can be helpful).
- Code which validates any data committed to the database is easy to write and foolproof in operation. This might be as simple as ensuring passwords have enough characters, or a complex check on the validity of a set of accounting operations in a general ledger transaction. This allows you to move common error checking code out of the GUI layer and provides valuable protection against programming mistakes.
- Caching in order to make your application faster and avoid repeated hits on the database for the same data.
- Automatic faulting (lazy loading) of relationships, but easily supports prefetching of related data for improved performance when needed.
- Pagination which reduces bandwidth and query times by only loading the contents of objects when they are actually needed. The classic example of paging, which differs from faulting, is when a query returns 97 records, and you want to display 10 at-a-time to the user. With paging, only the first 10 records are fully loaded. Cayenne will automatically load only the page of records as they are requested.
- Configurable optimistic locking to ensure data integrity and prevent unexpected data issues when another tool has changed the database behind the scenes (such as a maintainer updating a record in the database while a Cayenne-based application had the same record loaded to make changes).
- A GUI-based database/schema modeler to simplify learning Cayenne. The modeler saves to XML-based files, which can be hand-edited if needed.
- CAY-1354 Wrong Types mapping for selected values in Row Queries
- CAY-1380 Support for Escaped LIKE Clauses in Expressions
- CAY-1402 Ability to use Terminating "@size" in Nested Properties Against Collections
- CAY-1416 ExpressionFactory.noMatchExp.toEJBQL() produces incorrect output
- CAY-1417 EJBQL doesn't support null numeric parameters
- CAY-1426 EJBQL: ESCAPE fails after positional parameter
- CAY-1452 EJBQL query scalar result is not supported on ROP client
- CAY-1455 "NULL" JDBC type is shown for DbAttribute data types in the Modeler
- CAY-1458 Document Vertical Inheritance
- CAY-1467 Shut down EventManager in WebApplicationContextFilter.destroy()
- CAY-1468 Commit performance degradation
- CAY-1471 Create a source cayenne assembly
- CAY-1473 Ensure DataRow version increment is atomic
Cayenne 3.0.1 Screenshot
Cayenne 3.0.1 Keywords
Bookmark Cayenne 3.0.1
Cayenne 3.0.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.