Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1
Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1 Ranking & Summary
Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1 description
Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1 is designed as a professional and beneficial program which is engineered lean, focused, and fast at a price even a student can afford. Built from the same core as Nisus Writer Pro, Nisus Writer Express features the same elegant user interface and compatibility that has been universally praised by both users and press alike.
- File Format Support
- RTF, native read and write
- Microsoft Word ".doc" (97-2004), import and export
- PDF, export only
- DOCX, import
- Open Document (ODT), import and export
- HTML, import and export
- Plain text (Unicode and legacy encodings), read and write
- Draft View and Page View
- Full Screen Mode (Lion compatible)
- Document Manager
- Highly Customizable Interface (Flexible Palettes, Toolbar, etc)
- Special Characters Palette/Menus (fully customizable)
- Keyboard Shortcuts are Fully Customizable (and Multi-key)
- Font Menu Previews (WYSIWYG)
- Horizontal and Vertical Rulers
- Document Navigator Pane (TOC and Bookmarks)
- Core Features:
- Multilingual/Unicode Text
- Right to Left Text Support
- Language Sensitive Responses (spellchecking, keyboard, font, etc)
- Style Sheets and Library
- Bullets and Numbering (List Styles)
- Footnotes and Endnotes (Document or Section)
- Live Word Count display (and Character/Paragraph Counts)
- Multipart and Rectangular Selections
- Sections and Columns
- Spellchecking (Inline and Guided)
- "QuickFix" Corrections (language-sensitive) for typos, smart quotes, etc
- Leader Tabs
- Wrap Text Around Images
- Small Caps
- Find and Replace
- Normal Find and Replace
- Advanced Find and Replace (PowerFind / regular expressions "regex")
- Advanced Tools:
- LinkBack Support
- Widow and Orphan Control
- Changed: improved in-application feedback reporter (via the Help menu).
- Fixed: Nisus New File can fail to load when running a non-English localization, preventing launch.
- Fixed: crash that can occur on Lion when OSX probes/changes all scroll view settings. Only occurs if documents have been closed with certain types of GUI interactions.
- Added: added Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) localization.
- Changed: this application support folder name should be "Nisus Writer Express", not just "Nisus Writer". If the old folder exists, move old materials and create a link to the new folder.
- Fixed: possible crash when saving files with certain nested fields / cross-references.
- Fixed: import: Express should be able to import ".doc" files on 10.4.11.
- Fixed: spell: all parts of a URL should be excluded from spellcheck, not just the first fragment (eg: domain).
- Fixed: styles: possible hang when deleting a list style.
- Changed: better default toolbar item set for Express.
- Fixed: loc: the French localization's Add Document Manager group dialog had very badly misplaced controls.
- Changed: Convert From Unicode made more lenient in scanning.
- Fixed: MenuKey preferences should reload the available menu list when switching back to that preference pane.
- Fixed: ruler: the first document opens with two left tab stop markers in the ruler tab well menu, instead of a left tab and a decimal tab.
- Changed: when reopening a document and restoring/scrolling the selection, it should be centered in view.
- Fixed: if a font disappears (is uninstalled) while Nisus Writer is running, need to redisplay text using that font with the special highlight colors.
- Fixed: images edited via LinkBack would incorrectly revert to prior state when a file was saved & reopened, even though the correct (most recent) LinkBack data was saved and loaded from the file.
- Fixed: possible crash when assigning menu shortcuts for dynamically controlled menus (shortcut exists for menu that does not exist).
- OS X 10.4.11 or later
Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1 Screenshot
Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1 Keywords
Bookmark Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1
Nisus Writer Express 3.4.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.